Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Once A Month Cooking-Part 3BREAKFAST RECIPES


Freezer Friendly Breakfasts!

I will continue to add to this section! As I add.. I will repost! If you have any questions about Once A Month Cooking PLEASE let me know! I  don't heavily do this cooking method anymore because I am out of school for the summer but during the school months this is the ONLY way of cooking I use! It has saved me ALOT of money as well as time! :) I have tried and use these recipes! I have loads of more recipes so if you are looking for something in particular let me know!

Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Burrito-I got this recipe from Moneysavingmom.com I have tried it and found it to be a winner in my household! :)

  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/3 cup chopped onion ((I used dried))
  • 1/3 cup chopped green pepper ((I Omit...The hubs is NOT a green pepper man!))
  • 18 eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 cup chopped ham ((I have used sausage..and bacon!))
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese ((Velveeta is THE BEST! But whatever you have!))
  • 20 flour tortillas
Saute onions and green pepper in butter. Beat eggs and milk together and pour into the skillet with the onions and peppers.
Add the meat, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until eggs are set. Mix in cheese and let melt.
Scoop 1/2 cup egg mixture onto tortillas. Fold ends under and roll up. Freeze (see instructions below) or put all burritos in a baking dish, top with extra cheese (if you’d like) and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with salsa.

Freezer Instructions:
Wrap burrito in a paper towel and then in a sheet of foil. Seal tightly and place in freezer bags. When bag is full, remove all air and seal. Freeze.
To serve: Remove foil and put paper-towel-wrapped burrito in microwave. Reheat for around one minute. Serve with salsa or alone! :)


Frozen Fruit Cups--I saw this in a cook book of my grandmothers. Then I was searching for freezer friendly fruit dishes and this popped up! This is the edition off of Moneysavingmom.com! These are GREAT snacks as well as breakfast!

  • 2 cans  diced pineapple (I have used crushed...)
  • 2 packages frozen strawberries, thawed (I have used fresh....)
  • 2 cans frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed (Experiment a little with differnt fruit juices!)
  • 6 medium firm bananas, chopped

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Pour into lined muffin cups and freeze until solid then pop out of muffin tins and put into airtight freezer bags. Thaw slightly before serving.

Freezer Friendly French Toast
4 eggs

1 cup milk

2 tablespoons sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

10 (3/4 inch thick) slices day-old French bread

1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine, melted


In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and nutmeg. Place bread in a well-greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Pour egg mixture over bread. Let soak for several minutes, turning once to coat. Freeze until firm. Package in airtight containers. To bake, place bread on a well-greased baking sheet. Dot with butter. Bake at 450 degrees F for 7 minutes; turn and bake 10-12 minutes longer or until golden brown

To FREEZE: Lay in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Cover with foil. Allow to freeze for 3-4 hours. After frozen.. remove from cookie sheet and put in an air tight bag!
To REHEAT: Simply put toast in oven! Cook until warm! :)


Sour Cream Pancakes!--I got this recipe from somewhere.. I am not sure the place! But these pancakes are delicious! You can thaw them and then heat.. or heat straight from freezer! :)

  • 2 cups sour cream
  • 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour OR 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Mix. Cook on hot griddle until brown.
To freeze: Let cool. Place in a single layer on cookie sheet. After they are frozen..usually around 3 hours.. pop them into a ziploc bag! :) FREEZE & enjoy!
To heat: Simply place in oven and cook until warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment